- 2023 Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Complete Guide
- The 2023 Caseville Cheeseburger Festival is Scheduled for August 11-20, 2023.
- About the 2023 Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival
- Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Location
- How to Get to the Cheeseburger Festival
- Event Admission to Cheeseburger in Caseville
- The Parade of Tropical Fools
- Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival Daily Events
- Where to Catch the Cheeseburger Concerts
- Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Daily Event Schedule
- Caseville Cheeseburger Festival F. A. Q.
2023 Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Complete Guide
Ever tried a cheeseburger in Caseville, MI? Now’s your chance! The Caseville Cheeseburger Festival, held every August, is the event of the season on Michigan’s Thumb coast.
Better yet, 2023 marks the 25th anniversary of this amazing festival, and it promises to be better than ever!
We’re sharing EVERYTHING you need to know about the Cheeseburger Festival, including where to purchase buttons and wristbands, the must-see events and more. So fill up your cooler, grab you beach chair and get ready for one of Michigan’s TOP summer events!
The 2023 Caseville Cheeseburger Festival is Scheduled for August 11-20, 2023.
Get Ready For FUN at the Caseville Cheeseburger Festival
Smell the cheeseburgers wafting through the air? Hear the sounds of Jimmy Buffett songs mingled with the laughs of partygoers on a Lake Huron beach?
Yep. It’s time for the Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival. This highly-anticipated Huron County event is held mid-August , bringing thousands annually to the little town of 800 year-round citizens. It’s a great way to celebrate the final weeks of summer in Caseville, a fun Michigan resort town known for its beautiful beaches and casual, laid-back vibe.
We’ve got the complete 2023 guide to this fun fest on the shores of Caseville’s Saginaw Bay, including the schedule of all of the top events (like the Parade of Tropical Fools), musical entertainment, where to find the best food, and all the tips for attending the Caseville Cheeseburger Festival.
New to our 2023 guide is suggestions for places to stay during the event! You can find them at the bottomw of the post.
Read on for the Complete Guide to the 2023 Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival.
Festivities for the Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival take place throughout the town, but many concerts and events take place at the County Park Amphitheatre in downtown Caseville, at 6400 Main St., Caseville MI.
About the 2023 Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival
The 25th annual Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival is scheduled for August 11-20, 2023.
Folks are already making plans for some Michigan fun in the sun – but what IS the amazing Caseville Cheeseburger festival all about?
It all started with musician Jimmy Buffett’s signature song, “Cheeseburger in Paradise,” an ode to his “carnivorous” love of cheeseburgers and a dream of eating them in a tropical paradise. Inspired by Buffet’s tropical music and carefree attitude, the Cheeseburger in Caseville festival began in 1999 as a way to wrap up summer with a bang while drawing tourists into town.
Now, 25 years later, thousands flock to the shores of Caseville at the tip of Michigan’s Thumb to enjoy friends, family and fun at the “Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival” each August.
This popular festival grew quickly, Caseville has even earned the nickname “Key North,” an homage to Buffett’s beloved Key West. At this “celebration of life and the cruise we are making through it,” as Buffett says, you can enjoy ten full days of fun, games, music, sun, and (of course) cheeseburgers!
PRO-TIP: The Saginaw Bay coast between Caseville and Port Austin, is home to some of the prettiest beaches in Michigan. Be sure to use our Guide to the Best Caseville and Port Austin Beaches to find your perfect Michigan beach!
Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Location
Caseville is located at the tip of Michigan’s Thumb, just about 20 minutes west of Port Austin. most of the festival events take place at the Caseville County Park Ampitheatre at 6400 Main Street,
How to Get to the Cheeseburger Festival
There’s parking throughout the city, but since Caseville is such a small town, it can be tight on the weekends and on Wednesday, August 16, the day of the Parade of the Tropical Fools.
You might want to consider taking the Shuttle service offered by Thumb Area Transit which costs around $3 per ride. Bus stops in include Port Crescent State Park, Oak Beach County Park, Sleeper State Park and the ampitheatre at the Caseville County Park. The shuttle typically operates from 3 p.m. until midnight. You can find more info about the shuttle service here.
Event Admission to Cheeseburger in Caseville
While almost all of the events at the Cheeseburger festival are free, the concerts at the ampitheter in the Caseville County Park are require admission. You can choose to purchase a button or wristband for admission. A button, good for one day, costs $8. Or, you can choose to purchase a button for $15, which is good for the entire 10-day festival.
You can purchase both buttons and wristabands from any local business in town. The money collected from the buttons goes to support the festival.
The Parade of Tropical Fools
The 2023 Parade of Tropical Fools is scheduled for Wednesday, August 16 at 5:30 p.m. If you’re looking to the ultimate summer beach party, this is the place to be. Put on your best grass skirts; brightly-colored shirts; grab your plastic flamingo head to downtown Caseville for this non-stop fun fest.
It’s a very popular event: you’ll join more than 70,000 others who line the streets, hoping to catch beads, candy, frisbees and other goodies that are thrown from the parade floats. Be sure and bring your camera, not only are the floats amazing, but the tropical costumes (think Cheeseburger hats) worn by the parade-goers are pretty fun, too!
Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival Daily Events
There are events and contests that run for the duration of the festival. It’s a full 10 days of fun for all ages, complete with an actual “Parade of Tropical Fools.” The events starting on opening day and include daily concerts (see the schedule lineup below), sand castle-building contests, hula-hoop contests, family fun days and more! My favorite events include:
Annual Cheeseburger Amateur Best Photo Contest
Beginning on opening day, submit your best cheeseburger themes photo via email to the Caseville Chamber of Commerce for a chance to win. You can also drop oof at the Chamber Office, 6632 Main St., or mail: PO Box 122 Caseville, MI 48725
Annual Best Dressed Business in Town
Businesses in Caseville go all out for decorating during the festival. The top votes will determine which business is best dressed for Cheeseburger in Caseville.
Sandcastle Building Contest
Each weekend during the festival, enter the sand-castle building contest on the beach at Caseville County Park. Even if you’re not participating in the building, you’ll see amazing sand architecture right in front of your eyes!
Cardboard Boat Race
See some amazingly creative cardbord boats as they race toward the finish line. This is one of our favorite festival events!
More Daily and Recurring Events
What: Cheeseburger Museum – “WHAT IS IT” Free Contest Noon – 4:30 pm (Winners announced Saturday 8/19)
When: Aug. 11-19
Where: Historical Society Museum
What: Pink House Project – Bring your Cheeseburger themed painted rock to display for the 25th year. No bigger than six inches
Where: Pink house on Main St. 6655 Main St.
When: Aug 11-20
What: Buy a Duck, Race the Duck, Win a Buck. Race Sunday August 22nd across from Key North Surf Shop
Where: Ducks Sold at Chamber Office
When: Aug. 11-20
What: Stand up Paddleboard & Kayak Sunset Session and Electric Foil Boarding Lesson & Session
Where: Register at Thumbs Up Kiteboarding – 989 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
When: Aug. 11-20
What: Sidewalk Chalk 9-2pm
Where: Chuck’s Drive-Thru Diner
When: Aug. 11-20
What: Historical Tours & Cooling Station
Where: Caseville United Methodist Church
When: Aug. 11-20; 12-3pm
Where to Catch the Cheeseburger Concerts
What: A Variety of Musical Acts Outside – Noon-11pm
Where: Beachy’s, 6567 Main St, Caseville, MI 48725
When: Daily Aug 11-20
What: A Variety of Musical Acts Outside – 2pm-1am
Where: Dufty’s Blue Water Inn, 6584 Main St, Caseville, MI 48725
When: Daily Aug 11-20
What: A Variety of Musical Acts
Where: Wooded Island Sports Grill, 6868 Michigan Ave, Caseville, MI 48725
When: Daily Aug 11-20
What: Daily Music & Activities
Where: Thumb Brewery, 6758 Pine St, Caseville, MI 48725
When: Daily Aug 11-20
Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Daily Event Schedule
Friday, August 11th
- 9am – Annual Cheeseburger Best Photo Contest Starts – Send your favorite Cheeseburger photos to: [email protected] – by 8/25/23
- 9am- Annual “Best Dressed Cheeseburger House” Contest Starts – Send your photo to email@case winner announced Aug. 16th
- 10-11am – Kayak Lesson & Session – Register at Thumbs Up Kiteboarding – 989 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
- 1-4pm – Kickoff to Cheeseburger Golf Outing @ Scenic Golf Course – Click the above Cheeseburger Downloads Button for more info
- 2-4pm – Steel Drum Music w/Ted Miklas @ Memorial City Park – Sponsored by Bird Creek Golf Course & Fox’s Lodge at Oak Pointe
- 4pm – Best Cheeseburger Contest – Independent Bank
- 6-8pm – Slime Party – $5 entrant fee – Key North Adventure Golf
- 6:30-7:30pm – Mike Shilakes – Sponsored by Caseville Subway/Clark & Caseville Resort & Marina @ Amphitheater
- 7:30-10:30pm- Jim Asbell & The Trapaholics (Buffet Tribute Band) @ Amphitheater – Sponsored by Caseville Subway/Clark & Caseville Resort & Marina – Amphitheater
Saturday, August 12th
- 8am – Krispy Kreme Doughnuts – sold at two locations until gone – Proceeds to the Caseville Public School Band – Mainsail & County Park Entrance
- 8:30am – Cheeseburger Kiddie Cruise – Ages 5-10 – 989 453-5252 – To register: https://scheurerhosp.enmotive.com/events/register/2023-cheeseburger-5k – County Park
- 9am – Cheeseburger Fun Run – 5K Run/Walk Sponsored by Scheurer Health – 989-453-5252 Pre-Register until Aug 5th – https://scheurerhosp.enmotive.com/events/register/2023-cheeseburger-5k – Caseville County Park
- 9am-4pm – Cheeseburger Festival Craft Show -Caseville Public School
- 10-3 pm – Sand Castles & Sculptures – Sponsored by SOS Save Our Shoreline – Caseville County Beach
- 11am-6pm – World Famous Firehouse Burgers – Today Only – Caseville Fire Hall
- 11am-3pm – Hat Making Workshop – Class of 2026 – Caseville County Park
- 12:30 pm – Cornhole Tournament – Registration starts at 11 am – $40/team – For details call Chaz at (810) 397-8680 – Caseville County Park
- 1-3pm – St. Louis High School Steel Drum Band – Sponsored Flint Bishop Airport – Memorial/City Park
- 7-7:30pm – Military Tribute Sponsored by Independent Bank – Amphitheater
- 7:30-10:30pm – Johnny Russler and the Beach Bums (Buffett Tribute Band) – Sponsored by Independent Bank – Amphitheater
- Dusk-12am – Glow Golf – Key North Adventure
- 9pm – Annual Key North Conch Honk Contest – Amphitheater
Sunday, August 13th
- 9am – Yoga on the Beach featuring Jana Riutta, a certified yoga instructor – Just bring your mat – Caseville County Beach
- 10-11am – Stand Up Paddleboard Lesson & Session – Thumbs Up Kiteboarding – register (989) 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
- 10am – Bags, Balls & Burgers (2 Man Golf Scramble & Corn Hole Tournament) Prize Money – Register 989 856-2613 – Caseville Golf Course
- 11am – Worship Service – Amphitheater
Noon-3pm – Free Family Fun Day – face painting, games, inflatables, petting zoo & pony rides – Sponsored by DTE Foundation, Meijer, M3 Wireless Inc., Thumb Cellular and Agri-Valley – Wooded Island Sports Grill
- 1-8pm BBQ Diner @ Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish – Click the above Cheeseburger Downloads Button for more info
- 2-5pm – Hat Making Workshop – Class of 2026 – Caseville County Park
- 4pm – Jim Hoehn @ Memorial City Park & & Evenheat
- 4pm – Blind Folded Ice Cream Guessing Contest – Key North Adventure
- 5pm – Bumper Boat Race Adults and Kids $5 entrant fee – Key North Adventure Golf
- 7-10pm The Music Doctors (Variety Band) Sponsored by Bay Port Inn 2020 Inc., Ignash Petroleum & Drop N Bins
Monday, August 14th
- 10am – Kayak Lesson & Session – Register at Thumbs Up Kiteboarding – (989) 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
- 10am-1pm – Glitter Tattoos – $3 – Lemon Tree Marketplace
- 1pm – Frog Jumping Contest – $3 Each participant receives a prize – Key North Adventure Golf
- 2pm – Water Balloon Toss contest (ages 5-8 & 9-12) – $1.00 – Dairy Queen
- 3pm – Flamingo Races for Children – Rainbow Motel
- 3-5pm – Family Bingo – 6937 Main St. – 989 856-8899 – Lefty’s Diner
- 6pm – Kiddie Parade – Entrants meet at Independent Bank Parking Lot (Main & Elm Streets) – Click on the above Cheeseburger Downloads Button for more info – Sponsored by Keepsakes Gifts
- 6-9 pm – Crazy Golf – Lowest score adult and kids – Key North Adventure Golf
- 6:30-8pm – Glennbrooke – Thumb Brewery
- 9pm – Movie Under the Stars – Bring your chair – Key North Adventure Golf
- 9pm – Glow Ball Night Golf (No Carts) – Call for reservations – 989 856-2613 – Caseville Golf Course
Tuesday, August 15th
- 10-11am – Stand Up Paddleboard Lesson & Session – Thumbs Up Kiteboarding register – 989 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
- 10am-1:00pm – Health Expo-Sponsored by Scheurer Health & Covenant Health – Caseville County Park
- 10am-Noon – Kids Caribbean Jewelry Making – $3 – Lemon Tree Marketplace
- 10:30am register – 11:15 judging – Whiskey’s Paw Paw Beach Dog Costume Competition with Nick Thomasama – Benefit Thumb Animal Shelter – Suggested donation $5.00 – Music by Evening That Cat Slaps – Thumb Brewery
- 1pm – Cone Eating Contest – Entry Fee $3 -Key North Adventure Golf
- 2-3pm – Hoola Hoop & Limbo Contest – Dairy Queen
- 4-5:30 pm – Adult & Teen Joker Poker Run – Lemon Tree Marketplace
- 7-8pm – Caseville’s own Tribute to Elvis with Jeffrey J. (Out of Retirement) – Sponsored by Seasons Change Home Health Care, Hospice & Private Duty, Inc. – Amphitheater
- 8-10pm – The Flashbacks – Sponsored by Thumb Bank & Trust – Amphitheater
During Break – “Best Dressed Cheeseburger House” Award – Amphitheater
Wednesday, August 16th
- 9am – Yoga on the Beach featuring Jana Riutta, a certified yoga instructor (Just bring your mat) – Caseville County Beach
- 10am-2pm – Hat Making Workshop – Class of 2026 – Caseville County Park
- 12-2:30pm – Steely Dan the Pan – Thumb Brewery
- 1-3pm – Slime Party – Key North Adventure Golf
- 2pm – Cheeseburger Eating Contest – Cost $15 – Sponsored by Wooded Island Sports Grill – Wooded Island Sports Grill
- 3-6pm Don Middlebrook (Trop Rock) @ Memorial Park – Sponsored by LeBlancs
- 5:30-7pm Parade of Tropical Fools – Click the above Cheeseburger Downloads Button for more info – Sponsored by Seasons Change Home Health Care Hospice & Private Duty, Inc. & Smith Distributing/Bud Light – Main Street starts at Huron Street
- 7:30-10:30pm Parrots of the Caribbean (Buffett Tribute Band) @ Amphitheater – https://www.potcband.com/index.php – Sponsored by John P. O’Sullivan & The Long Drink Co. – Amphitheater
Thursday, Aug 17th
10-11:00am – Stand Up Paddleboard Lesson & Session – Register at Thumbs Up Kiteboarding – 989 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
10am-1pm – Kids Safety Day – Sponsored by Scheurer Health – Caseville Fire Hall
11am – Key North Golf Scramble – Sponsored by Thumb Bank and Trust – Scenic Golf Course
12pm – Water Balloon Battle Contest – $3 – Each participant receives a prize – Key North Adventure Golf
2-4pm – Hoola Hoop Happy Hour, Greg Baunoch & Shawn Butzin – Thumb Brewery
3pm – Fossil Find (Be your own archaeologist) – $5 – Key North Adventure Golf
4-5pm – Mud Bath (Bathe in the Mud – don’t forget your towels) – Sponsored by Caseville Fire Department (Located ½ mile south on Caseville Road
7-10pm Stone Street Revival (Classic Rock Band) @ Amphitheater. https://stonestreetrevival.com/music/
9pm – Foam Party – Dufty’s Blue Water Inn
Friday, August 18th
10-11am – Kayak Lesson & Session – Register at Thumbs Up Kiteboarding- 989 856-3333 – Caseville County Beach
1pm – Bird Creek Cheeseburger Golf Scramble (Shot Gun Start) – 989 738-4653 – Bird Creek Golf Club – Port Austin
1-4pm – Matt Wahl – Sponsored by Dufty’s Blue Water Inn & Bell Engineering – Memorial City Park
6-9pm – Foam Party – $5 – (6pm-7:30pm 2-12 yrs. & 7:30pm-9pm 13-18 yrs. old) – Key North Adventure Golf
6:30-7:30pm – Jimmy Lewis & Yves Levesque – Sponsored by Real Estate One – Amphitheater
7:30-10:30pm – Air Margaritaville (Buffett Tribute Band) – Sponsored by Paradigm Accounting & Tax Service Inc. & North Star Wealth Management of Raymond James Patrice Sinclair & Andrew Grabinski – Amphitheater
9:00 pm – Glow Ball Night Golf (No Carts) – Call for reservations – 989 856-2613 – Caseville Golf Course
Saturday, August 19th
8am – Krispy Kreme Doughnuts sold at 2 locations until gone – Proceeds benefit the Caseville School Student Council – Mainsail & County Park Entrance
9-4pm – Cheeseburger Festival Craft Show – Caseville Public School
9am – Yoga on the Beach featuring Jana Riutta, a certified yoga instructor – Just bring your mat – Caseville County Beach
10am-3pm – Sand Castles & Sculptures – Sponsored by SOS Save Our Shoreline Caseville County Beach
12:30pm – Cornhole Tournament – Registration starts at 11 am – $40/team – For details call Chaz at 810 397-8680 – Caseville County Park
1-4pm – Third Degree Burn Classic Rock – Sponsored by Caseville Hardware & Evenheat Kiln – https://3dbband.com/ – Memorial City Park
1-3pm – Slime Party – $5 – Key North Adventure Golf
4pm – Flamingo Ring Toss Free – Key North
4-5:30 pm – Row, Row, Row Your Cardboard Boat – Click the above Cheeseburger Downloads button for more info – Sponsored by Caseville Resort & Dufty’s Blue Water Inn – Caseville County Beach
6:30-7:30 pm – Matt Wahl – Sponsored by Thumb Brewery & KW Lakeside Keller Williams Realty Caseville – Amphitheater
Dusk-12am – Glow Golf – Key North Adventure Golf
7:30-10:30pm – Jimmy and The Parrots (Buffett Tribute Band) – https://yeamon.com/about-us – Sponsored by Infinite Edge Custom Carving, Kappen Tree Service & Rohmann Iron Works – Amphitheater
Sunday, August 20th
10-4pm – Classic Car Show – Sponsored by Joe Ricci’s McCormick Motors – Concessions available by the Caseville Class of 2023 – Caseville County Beach
Noon – The Great Duck Race Next to Key North Surf Shop – Sponsored by Michigan Sugar Company
Our Favorite Caseville Cheeseburger Festival Events
- Grab some fresh Krispy Kreme Donuts to start your day off right, and then Get active by playing beach volleyball, committing to the Cheeseburger Fun Run – 5k, or doing relaxing yoga on the beach.
- Try a world famous firehouse burger and enjoy a variety of shows at the amphitheater, including the Conch honk contest and a military tribute.
- You’ll also find a lot of family activities including face painting, glitter tattoos, games, inflatables, a petting zoo, and even a seashell hunt.
- The Bags & Balls golf scramble and cornhole tournament is also today, so get a partner and get competitive.
- Later in the evening, try a famous chicken dinner at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Church if you need a break from burgers and join the Circle of Drums & Hula Hoop on the Beach.
- Dedicated family events like the Flamingo Races for Children, Family Bingo, and later on the Kiddie Parade in the evening. If you’re looking to take the family to Caseville this summer, this is a great day for kid-friendly activities.
- There are also variety of activities for all ages. From Kids Caribbean Jewelry Making and more Family Bingo to the Joker Poker Run & Teen Joker Poker Run. The Best Dressed Cheeseburger House Award is a fun one too.
- Two more contests tht you wont want to miss include the Hat Making & Flip Flop Contest, followed by the Cheeseburger Eating Contest, of course.
Relax and recuperate from the competitive day with trop-rock music afterwards and let loose at the Parade of Tropical Fools in the evening.
Historical Tours & Cooling Stations
Take a step away from the hot sun to enjoy the cool air and learn a little bit about Caseville at any time during the festival. Did you know that Caseville started as a lumber town? You can learn more about this on a historical tour that runs throughout the festival. Don’t miss the chance to tour the Caseville Museum, one of Michigan’s unique historical museums.
Enjoy the Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival
The Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival is one of the top summer festivals in Michigan. It’s a great chance to feel the tropical vibes at the top of Michigan’s Thumb! Don’t miss this family-friendly week of fun as an awesome summer comes to a close!
Caseville Cheeseburger Festival F. A. Q.
A. The Cheeseburger Festival is held in Caseville, Michigan, a resort town in Michigan’s Thumb region on the shores of Saginaw Bay. Use our Ultimate Guide to Caseville to discover even more things to do in this fun beachtown
A. The Cheeseburger in Caseville Festival is scheduled for August 12 – 21, 2022. Start planning your visit and use our Guide to the BEST Caseville Beaches for an amazing Michigan beach getaway.
You Might Also Enjoy-
About the Author-
Bella DiMascio is a Content Editor for mymichiganbeach.com. She grew up in the Detroit suburb of Westland and later attended Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo where she majored in Communication Studies and minored in English: Writing. Creative writing has been a hobby and interest of Bella’s since she was in elementary school and she is thrilled to be using her talents to highlight the Great Lakes State. Outside of writing, Bella enjoys getting outside with her two Australian Shepherds, playing video games, and binging shows on Netflix.